I was visiting my client last week and met up with few of their employees and I casually asked, “How is life?”
Priya, a new mother who had missed her baby’s first footsteps and Nikhil, a software engineer who missed his family vacation due to project delivery dates thought life was pretty unfair to them. Both of them felt guilty and were struggling to find a balance of commitment between their work and personal life. Nikhil and Priya’s managers and co-workers were pretty clueless about their frustration.
- Aware that employees are feeling frustrated?
- Assessing how it affects their work delivery?
- Giving priority to finding out how employees feel about managing their work and life?
- Aware about steps to be taken to fix their work life balance?
And, what about employees?
- Do they think, there is such a thing as “perfect balance”?
- Can they manage their decision about when to prioritize work over personal life and vice a versa?
Well every problem has to have a solution and this indeed is a problem affecting organizations and their employee engagement.
A million-dollar question, What is work-life balance?
In this technology driven world it is not unusual to bring your work home. But it may result into an imbalance between the different roles you are performing in your life.
A common-sense definition of work-life balance would be maintaining an equilibrium between professional & personal lives, but what does this mean?
Work-life balance is about separating your professional & personal lives without letting one encroach upon the other. Because both the domains of our life are important, and neither should be neglected.
Simple suggestions to achieve work life balance:
Needless to say, the employees who manage their divide of work and life better are more motivated, enthusiastic, focused and more productive towards their work. They are able to manage the stress and conflicts better and hence maintain interpersonal relationships.
Looking deep into solving the work-life balance puzzle:
Companies that want to improve employee engagement should implement work-life balance programs which would provide the initial spark, swinging the door wide open to the conditions that prime engagement behaviors.
Work-life balance programs help teams:
- In managing time, stress, devices, distractions, health, and navigate the work-life divide.
- Providing them with tools to work with less difficulty, more support and provide opportunities to self-manage, recharge, and contribute effectively.
How can HR Muscle help you?
We conduct an Experiential Sessions on Managing Work Life Balance.
- Improving Time Management
- Managing Health and wellness
- Developing prioritization and estimation skills
- Controlling email and information overload
- Managing interruptions and multitasking
- Increasing optimism and positive emotions
- Managing family interpersonal relations effectively
HR Muscle implements Employee Engagement programs at organizations.
Our robust and proven Employee Engagement model brings in behavioral change in teams that directly affects Organizational Performance. Work-life balance is one of the important elements of our employee engagement model.
We are experiential in our approach to deliver our interventions.
What that means is:
- Hands on experiences over class rooms based sessions
- Relevance to work scenarios
- Highly interactive (participants speak more than facilitators)
- Industry experts delivering experience
These sessions certainly assist you with a key of a vault that opens up a door to a smarter work and a better work-life balance.